Why We Exist
We exist to reach people with the life-giving message of Jesus. We do this by helping people to:
God wants to know us personally. He wants a relationship with us. We want to help people learn more about what it means to know God and grow closer to Him.
We want to help people find freedom and discover the abundant life that Jesus desires for them.
We are all an important part of God’s plan and our lives will never make sense until we discover our purpose. We want to help people discover their purpose.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
God’s ultimate plan for our lives is for us to make a difference in the lives of others. We want to help every person live out their calling by using their gifts and talents to serve others.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
CAUSEWAY CHURCH STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible is the only infallible, reliable and authoritative written word of God.
- We believe in only one God, eternally existent in three co-equal persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God; His virgin birth, His sinless life; His miracles; His death on our behalf; His bodily resurrection; and His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- We believe the only means of salvation is through personal repentance of sin and redemption through the blood of Christ; the saved being resurrected to everlasting life in Heaven with God, and the lost to everlasting separation from God in Hell.
- We believe in water baptism by full immersion for all believers and the consistent remembrance of Christ through communion.
- We believe Christ’s death on the cross provides healing in answer to believing prayer.
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and the subsequent gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Christ’s promised personal return to earth in power and glory with the subsequent ascension of the church to Heaven.
- We believe the Holy Spirit lives in all believers, enabling them to live victorious Christian lives.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers through Jesus Christ.
- We believe the local church is God’s primary expression of His Kingdom in our world.
- We believe the Kingdom of God operates effectively through God-given delegated authority.
- We believe every believer is commissioned to go into the world and make disciples.
- We believe marriage is defined in the Bible as a covenant, a sacred union between one man and one woman, instituted by and publicly entered into before God.
- We believe in the Biblical practice of tithing and generous giving of offerings by all believers.