What We Believe
See below for information on our Statement of Faith, Baptism and Child Dedications.
CAUSEWAY CHURCH STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible is the only infallible, reliable and authoritative written word of God.
- We believe in only one God, eternally existent in three co-equal persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God; His virgin birth, His sinless life; His miracles; His death on our behalf; His bodily resurrection; and His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- We believe the only means of salvation is through personal repentance of sin and redemption through the blood of Christ; the saved being resurrected to everlasting life in Heaven with God, and the lost to everlasting separation from God in Hell.
- We believe in water baptism by full immersion for all believers and the consistent remembrance of Christ through communion.
- We believe Christ’s death on the cross provides healing in answer to believing prayer.
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and the subsequent gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Christ’s promised personal return to earth in power and glory with the subsequent ascension of the church to Heaven.
- We believe the Holy Spirit lives in all believers, enabling them to live victorious Christian lives.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers through Jesus Christ.
- We believe the local church is God’s primary expression of His Kingdom in our world.
- We believe the Kingdom of God operates effectively through God-given delegated authority.
- We believe every believer is commissioned to go into the world and make disciples.
- We believe marriage is defined in the Bible as a covenant, a sacred union between one man and one woman, instituted by and publicly entered into before God.
- We believe in the Biblical practice of tithing and generous giving of offerings by all believers.
When a person is baptised they are identifying with Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. It is an outward demonstration of what has already taken place inwardly.
The word baptise is a Greek word which means, to put under water so as to submerge, and then to take it out again. Christian water baptism is the physical act of being submerged under water after you have repented of your sin and confessed Jesus Christ as Lord, that expresses a spiritual reality. The reality it speaks of is that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose from the dead for us and that we are saved by believing in this gracious act from God. Water baptism itself does not save us, but what it is symbolic of surely does.
If you’d like to know more about being baptised then talk to one of our Pastors, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Dedication is a public and personal commitment when parents acknowledge that their children are a gift from God, and promise to raise their children in the ways of God. Our children will need to decide for themselves whether to follow Jesus when they are older, but we want them to have healthy role models of what following Jesus looks like. When you dedicate your child, you show God, your family, friends, and church family that you are willing to take on this responsibility for your child. Child Dedications are held during Sunday morning services at CauseWay Church. Please contact the church office at email@example.com for more information.